Murphy Helwig Library Seeking New Library Director
The Murphy Helwig Library Board of Trustees is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Library Director.
Reporting directly to the Board of Trustees, the Library Director is responsible for managing a public library collection and for serving the needs of patrons, community organizations, and the greater Monona/Luana community. This position requires thorough knowledge, skill and practice in every aspect of public library management.
This full-time position offers the following benefits: IPERS retirement, health insurance, paid vacation, and holidays. Starting wage will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
At minimum, applicants must be a high school graduate or GED/HSED equivalent and have three years of experience in a public library. The applicant must be able to complete Level II certification from the State Library of Iowa within a time frame established by the Board. In addition, applicants must be able to do the follow
- Work all hours of library operation, including evenings and weekends
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Provide quality customer service for library patrons of all ages
- Use computers and computer software including the full Microsoft Office Suite and common social media application
- Use copier, fax machine and other office equipment
- Remain up-to-date with website maintenance and trends
- Have willingness to learn other duties as determined by the Board to Trustees
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a school or public library setting; familiarity with library resources including books, audiobooks, film, and online resources; knowledge in a variety of computer programs and databases; familiarity Facebook or other social media applications; and the ability maintain Iowa librarian certification standards.
Application packets, including examples of duties and physical requirements, are available at the library, 111 N. Page Street, Monona, IA, firstname.lastname@example.org, or www.monona.lib.ia.us. Please return a completed application, cover letter and resume by 7:00 pm on January 31, 2018, to the library or PO Box 942, Monona, IA 52159.