Tips on reading to children, vocabulary building and a description of the parent's shelf
- Help Children Build Strong Language Skills
- Tips to work with your child to build a strong vocabulary and other language skills.
- Ways to Read to Children
- Things to do before, during and after reading a book to your child.
- Meaningful Writing Experiences
- Reading and writing go hand in hand. Help your child with writing by providing opportunities to practice writing skills.
- Parent's Shelf
- A special collection just for parents and caregivers.
- Iowa's Early Childhood Parent Web Site
- This Web site was created to provide FREE objective, medically accurate early care, health, and education information for families in Iowa. Topics include child care, health and safety, child development, learning to read and write, parenting, pregnancy, and many others.